Friday, April 13, 2018

Last of the Loquats for the Season

Thought I would work a sketch of our Loquats that grow in the front yard near the driveway and main street.  Most are turning brown or have been pecked at.  A few remain that are ripe and Terry brought in several for me to sketch. 

I've tried to like them but don't.  I find them bitter that causes my tongue to feel strange.  There is another growing in a neighbor's yard and there are a couple folks who have permission to take all they want.  They make preserves out of the loquats.  Maybe that tastes OK but I'm not exactly in a hurry to try it out. 

Frankly the birds can have at them.........as well as the squirrels as I've seen them up in the tree as well.

The tree itself is pretty with the dark green leaves and bright orange fruits growing in clumps.

Worked in the Fabriano Venezia sketchbook using the Sharpie Stylo marker pen (fine point).


No comments: